Week 1 – June 8th to 12th
Week 2 – June 15th to 19th
Week 3 – June 22nd to June 26th
Week 4 – June 29th to July 3rd
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (early drop off is possible)
Location: All Souls Church Entrance on Lexington Avenue – Marble Vestibule directly to the left; sometimes changed to the Gallery.
Fees: $175 per day, or $750 a week. There are no refunds for chess camp. Parents can get a credit.
• Exciting 10 min. tournament speed chess for ladder – kids divided into 3 levels
• Opening repertoire outlined individually for each child
• All 16 Middle game themes drilled through worksheets
• End game techniques outlined
• Slow tournaments each day with analysis of games. Every child records and uses the clock
• Demo-board analysis of transpositions and key concepts
• Bug house tournaments with coaches and counselors
• Work sheets in folders for daily independent study with coach or counselor
Sports: We take the kids to Central Park & play full games of baseball, soccer, basketball, Volley ball, Dodge ball (with soft balls), Bache & other fun activities.
Lunch: Please send in lunch every day for your child. Including a bottle of water for the Park. Healthy snacks – fruits, cereal and juices will be served everyday.
Your child should bring in a rain jacket with a backpack and their baseball mitt. And clock if they have one. All items should be labeled.
Please mail registration form and check before May 15th to Shernaz Kennedy, 15 Circle Drive, East Northport, NY 11731.
Registration form can be found here.